2009 Gray's Inn
Tom Lord has successfully undertaken cases involving:
- Criminal Child Exploitation ("County Lines") and modern slavery;
- Attempted murder;
- Causing death by careless driving;
- Rape and other sexual offences;
- Serious sexual offences against children;
- Drugs conspiracy and drugs supply;
- Kidnap and armed robbery;
- Serious violence and public disorder;
- Inquests acting on behalf of transport and haulage companies.
Drawing on diverse academic and professional experience outside of the law, Tom Lord can provide representation to clients from all walks of life and has demonstrated an ability to provide robust representation in cases with extremely sensitive or distressing elements where a conciliatory approach is required.
As an adaptable and progressive advocate with first hand experience of questioning children and vulnerable adults in an ever changing criminal justice system, Tom Lord has developed expertise in strongly advancing a client's case whilst balancing the impact of the court process upon the complainant.
A specialist understanding of public relations and the wider importance of reputation management for high-net-worth individuals or companies means that specialist representation can be given to those clients in criminal or inquest proceedings where the impact of a conviction, conclusion or verdict has wider implications for their professional or public reputation.